Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active subwoofer GDN 30/120/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I wanted to improve low strand of my FenixII. Elements should have great quality, so i've choosen Tonsil GDN 30/120/1 that has good opinion. Drive for that should be matronix but they are no more producing so i used PA 15.1 amplifier. Next stage was to count and design casing. So it has 69,2 liters netto capacity, pipe b-r 102mm/180mm diameter, adjsut on 37 Hz
Dimennsions: 596x400x506 ( high x width x deep)
I didin't want to make typical cuboid so i made a little crazy casing, what tooks a lot of work but effect is very good for me. Casing is made up of particle board 18mm only side walls are made up of triple layer of mdf board 6mm because of casing shape and flex possibility. Casing is stiff thanks to crosspieces. Glued by vikol, screw. Screws are 5 cm from each other. Casing is double chamber- speaker has one chamber, amplifier second. Soundproof thanks to wadding- rear and side walls. Surface is grind and finish with wood- look mate. Bezel is made by glue wood board and placed material on it.
Sound : bass is very fast, clear and subwoofer can show his advanteges on movies or music.
Original text cames from https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1530997.html

Status
Not open for further replies.