Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

active power filter comprehensive circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proflakes

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls is there anyone dat can help with a comprehensive circuit diagram of shunt active power filter. tanks

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Not sure any of them are working circuits.
They surely are. The power front end is the same in both publications, a three-phase bridge with inductors and a DC bus capacitor. The challenge is in designing the control circuit, which is mostly a matter of digital signal processing.

They surely are. The power front end is the same in both publications, a three-phase bridge with inductors and a DC bus capacitor. The challenge is in designing the control circuit, which is mostly a matter of digital signal processing.

Yes, I've seen articles showing a schematic that appears complete... then I look closer and realize that those switches going to various components, etc., are really abbreviated icons.

They stand for something that will take more work and effort. I suppose a microcontroller is implied, controlling banks of mosfets.

Hello,

If you want, there are some schematics in LTspice, hosted in the LTspice Yahoo Group (subscribing is needed, to avoid spam). Should you decide to take a look, here's the place to see them: Files > Examples > Educational > Power_Conditioning . Inside there's an archive and a README, but you may also want to read some of the files inside the archive. The schematics are at block-level but made from a descriptive point of view. There are also are a few other examples.

Good luck,
Vlad

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.