Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

active filter simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

perado

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I designed and simulated an active inductor and now I want to use it at a band-pass filter how I can do it?

hi
I designed and simulated an active inductor and now I want to use it at a band-pass filter how I can do it?

Choose a passive RLC structure (L must be grounded) and simply replace L by the active inductor.

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Most simple solution: Series combination of a resistor and a grounded LC parallel resonance circuit.
You can use the low-impedance opamp output as bandpass output.

Reactions: perado

perado

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks LvW

active inductor is a series R-L , then just use a capacitor? but how I use?

Normally, an active inductor comprises two opamps in form of a GIC combination.
As far as I understood you, your active circuit (one opamp?) simulates an R-L combination. Right?
To avoid misunderstandings, show your circuit.

no i dont use opamp, my active inductor is based on grounded active inductor that includes two mosfet transistors in back to back connection

Last edited:

Sorry, I could not know.
Do you know the passive equivalent that is "simulated" with your active circuit?
As mentioned before, choose a passive RLC structure and replace the corresponding part by the active unit(s).

your wel
yes the equivalent passive circuit (consider small signal model of transistor) is a parallel RLC of course L has series resistance

As a first attempt you should place a suitable shunt capacitor in parallel to the R-L combination and a use an additional series resistor Rs to connect the signal source.
If the loss resistance of the inductor is relatively small you should get a bandpass response at the node between Rs and the tank circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back