Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active clamp two-switch forward converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejagielo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am interested in designing an active clamp two-switch forward converter. The desired input range is 18V-90V and the desired output is 120V, with an output power of about 250W. However, I have been unable to find schematics for the two-switch forward converter with an active clamp. If anyone knows how an active clamp can be installed into a two-switch forward converter, I would be very interested in learning more about it.

Thanks

Hi ejagielo
able to find schematics for the two-switch forward converter with an active clamp
Why you should find ? why you don't design it , yourself ? most important issue is you will need a float driver ! or perhaps a transformer as driver . thus easily you can do it because both switches are turned on in same moments ! first step in design process of an SMPS is to select a suitable driver ( PWM driver ) . next step is how to set it to achieve your desired topology !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi
You need a boost converter to achieve this By sing MC33064 or similar IC Can you arrange a separate PS for mc33064 as it will not accept more than 37v.

Status
Not open for further replies.