Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active Bandpass Filter using op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali ghafoor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to realize active bandpass filter using op-amp at Fc=350 MHz?? if yes, kindly suggest me the op-amp that i should use.

Kindly suggest your requirements. There are many opamps with bandwidth exceeding 2GHz

Yes. A LC filter is the cheaper and better performant solution nevertheless.

I require high selectivity filter. A bandwidth of 5MHz, passband insertion loss<= -10 dB, stopband attenuation at +-20MHz >=40dB. LC filter cannot provide these specifications. Another option is coaxial ceramic resonator filter. I am working on that topology but i need one prototype on urgent basis, if i can make one using op-amp or any kind of active topology. give me your suggestions..any active filter topology capable of meeting these requirements??

I require high selectivity filter. A bandwidth of 5MHz, passband insertion loss<= -10 dB, stopband attenuation at +-20MHz >=40dB. LC filter cannot provide these specifications.
The specification involves a higher order filter, independent of the used technology.

In case of an active filter, filter Q is linked to required gain margin respectively excess GBW. I can't imagine that the filter can be easily implemented with available GHz OPs.

Another option is coaxial ceramic resonator
Equivalent circuit is the same LC only comparatively Q is better around 500-600. But with helix L it possible as well.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.