Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active Balun Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

namjadda

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

again i need help to design input Balun 5 (Active Balun) for my circuit because my Design kit od ST-Microelectronicsc does not have Balun... In Cadence

Thank you
--- Updated ---

Good day every one;

I need an idea of how to simulate the input impedence of the differential pair in cadence. I want to know it then i will use the value to calculate the L and C Values of the Matching Network. In Cadence

Thank you.

Input impedance can't be determined simply by looking at the tail resistance. To gauge input impedance, first thing to look at is input bias current.

You can get a crude idea by setting 0V DC as your incoming signal. Measure input current. (It's easiest if your system yields 0v output when fed 0v input.)

What to use as the voltage differential? Tentatively, the negative supply rail. Because input signal current generally takes the path down the emitter leg and tail resistance (assuming we're talking about NPN transistors).

Input impedance can't be determined simply by looking at the tail resistance. To gauge input impedance, first thing to look at is input bias current.

You can get a crude idea by setting 0V DC as your incoming signal. Measure input current. (It's easiest if your system yields 0v output when fed 0v input.)

What to use as the voltage differential? Tentatively, the negative supply rail. Because input signal current generally takes the path down the emitter leg and tail resistance (assuming we're talking about NPN transistors).
Thank you for the good idea .. i will give it a try.....

Status
Not open for further replies.