Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Actel--Fusion question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yicheng

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I wanna to find some friends who used Actel Fusion--afs600-pqg208.
I use afs600,embed two 8051 to make two UART,control motors,now,my project has a question,if kit connect FLASHPRO3(download tool),two UARTs is normal,if not connect FLASHPRO3,UARTs can't send and receive datas,but motors work normal.
this question I have test at AFS600-PQG208 and M1AFS600-PQG208.

I come from China, I want to make friends with everyone.

contact me with below Email:
fsyicheng@21cn.com

regard.:D

since actel fusion fpga is flash fpga once fpga configured you need not require jtag uart for normal operation so your motor works properly, jtag uart is required to download pdb file or to debug through softconsole ide.

HTH

yicheng said:
Hi,
I wanna to find some friends who used Actel Fusion--afs600-pqg208.
I use afs600,embed two 8051 to make two UART,control motors,now,my project has a question,if kit connect FLASHPRO3(download tool),two UARTs is normal,if not connect FLASHPRO3,UARTs can't send and receive datas,but motors work normal.
this question I have test at AFS600-PQG208 and M1AFS600-PQG208.

I come from China, I want to make friends with everyone.

contact me with below Email:
fsyicheng(at)21cn.com

regard.:D

I am not sure how you connect you UART with pc.
but if you connect uart to PC via FLASHPRO3's virtual UART.
that will make the same problem.

I think I had not introduce in detail,so upload one demo picture to show this problem.

In the demo kit,has two UART interface((DB9 interface)) on top of the kit,one TFT demo.When we download project, we must via FLASHPRO3,in my demo,we can use the 10 pin interface to connect FLASHPRO3(10 PIN interface on the right side of the power on led).

We have doweload the project,kit has run,so TFT has display picture,problem:
if kit connect FLASHPRO3(download tool),two UARTs is normal,if not connect FLASHPRO3,UARTs can't send and receive datas,but TFT demo work normal,chip is working.

yicheng said:
if kit connect FLASHPRO3(download tool),two UARTs is normal,if not connect FLASHPRO3,UARTs can't send and receive datas,but TFT demo work normal,chip is working.

Hi seems that your TRSTn pin On Flash pro connector of board is stays in reset state when flash pro is not connected and comes out of reset when flash pro is connected.

Try to check status of TRSTn pin of board using CRO, when flash pro is connected and when Flash pro is not connected.

HTH
Shitansh Vaghela

Hi all,
I am using actel a3p250 fpga from last three years, but i have not faced such problem anytime. I am having some relay driving logic and a uart inside fpga. This programme works very fine in Modelsim, but when i download it in fpga it works sometimes but if i change something and reprogramme it main programme does not work properly. Even if i restore the changes i have made it would not work but then after 2-3 trials it works. i am not getting why this is happening? it might be related with placement and route. but i am not able to trak it. Please help if somebody knows solution.

thanks

how may tile count your design uses?

one possible reason is if tile count exceeds 85% of total that result may vary on each place and route.

2nd possible reason is there is case of metastability in your design due to that most of the times design works but some times it fails.

3rd reason your design is tightly constraint in terms of timing.

HTH
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.