Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acer Aspire 5715Z - Anyone help with Cmos Battery location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lRoss

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have tried to locate the cmos battery for replacement in my Acer Aspire 5715z, but can only find a small thumbnail sized battery which is "soldered" onto the motherboard? unlike most cmos batteries I have come across in the past which are usually held seated in a little clip and can simply be slipped out and replaced. my question is: have I located the correct battery? which if it is! would require expertly re-soldering upon replacement? the battery I refer to is located in the bottom right hand corner of the mother board when the laptop is in the turned over position, it has a blue plastic tyre like outer cover and is held in place by a metal terminal clip (front & back i.e. + & -) which appear fixed to the faces of the battery, the ends of which are soldered onto the motherboard - many thanks for your help.

Hi attach ACER ASPIRE 5715Z CMOS BATTERY IMAGE........:):p ACER ASPIRE BATTERY.jpg

Thank you very much Kalimuthu, that is the one I had located, I was unsure if it was the correct one as I could not believe that one would have to Unsolder and then resolder the battery for replacement, such a lot of trouble to resolve a simple thing eh? I am certainly not an expert in pc's etc, but purely a resonable amature, however, one learns all the time... once again - many thanks for your response.. Paul

I was unsure if it was the correct one as I could not believe that one would have to Unsolder and then resolder the [URL="http://www.batterietutti.com/acer-aspire-5715z-series.html" said:
battery Acer Aspire 5715Z[/URL] for replacement, such a lot of trouble to resolve a simple thing eh? I am certainly not an expert in pc's etc, but purely a resonable amature, however, one learns all the time... Acer Aspire 5715Z batteria once again - many thanks for your response.. Paul[/ATTACH]
it is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.