Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accurate model for GaAs HEMT for oscillator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathas

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which HEMT device model is recommended for use in designing a microwave oscillator at 40GHz using ADS simulator?

Depends on your foundry which you have intended.Every manufacturer/foundry chooses a proper model for their products,therefore you have compulsary to use their model approximation such as TOM,Angelov,Parker,EEHEMT,etc.

Depends on your foundry which you have intended.Every manufacturer/foundry chooses a proper model for their products,therefore you have compulsary to use their model approximation such as TOM,Angelov,Parker,EEHEMT,etc.

My problem is that I have a commercial phemt part and I am trying to figure out which model(already available with the ADS simulator) will be the best to use for designing/simulating an oscillator else which model I can take as reference to build a new model for the part which can be later used for designing the circuit. I have only the datasheet for the HEMT part available to me..no physical details.

My problem is that I have a commercial phemt part and I am trying to figure out which model(already available with the ADS simulator) will be the best to use for designing/simulating an oscillator else which model I can take as reference to build a new model for the part which can be later used for designing the circuit. I have only the datasheet for the HEMT part available to me..no physical details.
If you have datasheet only, you have nothing to do but request nonlinear model from manufacturer.You can not achieve a nonlinear model from datasheet.
S-parameters can help you to start-up oscillator design but it will be a very limited aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back