Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

accurate measurement of current on voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweethomela8

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have several voltage regulators on my board, what the the most accurate way of measuring independent current for each regulator? I had originally placed in a 0 ohm series resistor at the output of the regulator..that way I can always place in say a 1 Ohm in later and measure the voltage across the resistor and divide V/R for I.

But that may not be accurate...any better ideas? maybe use a breakout header and use a current meter to probe the output voltage and ground?

Hi,
You could have two points, where a switch (or jumper) is connected. When you don't need to measure current, you close the switch. When you need to measure current, you can have the switch open and place an ammeter between the two points and measure current.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.