Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accessing Xilinx ISE on Fedora using VNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek1312

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have Xilinx ISE 11.1 istalled on the Fedora machine. I am using VNC to access it from my Windows PC.
The problem I have is that whenever I do a "startise" the ISE Project navigator GUI opens in the Fedora machine
instead of exporting the display to the VNC session.
I checked my display variable and it is set correctly to ":2.0" which is my VNC address. I can open an xterm,gvim window
in the VNC session.
Please let me know if there is any other DISPLAY setting which is Hardcoded in the installation owing to which
the DISPLAY is always getting set to '=:0.0' ?

Thanks

Helo abhishek1312

I tried to get help for similar prblem on my Linux Centos5, but I couldn't get any even here nor at Xilinx forums nor at Centos5 forums :!:

So, please if you can cite any refernces for complete installtion and run of ISE 11.1 that would be very important, because the installation release note at Xilinx's website is not enough at all.

I wish I could help you nad myself too:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back