Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accessing parallel port using Turbo C compiler on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

saad

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parallel port accesses using turbo c in window xp

Dear all,
I am trying to access parallel port using inportb() in Turbo C compiler on Windows XP platfrom but Windows XP does not give exclusive access to the port.

Please note that i have got limitation ONLY to use Turbo C complier on Windows XP

Any suggestions are welcomed

Saad

parallel port c compiler

Saad,
Please see the this thread, there is link in one of my replies that will help you. You need to copy the free dll (inpout32.dll) when your have downloaded it into your system directory and then call it using turbo c. You will be able to access the parallel port provided that it is a hardware parallel port including all its control registers. Virtual parallel ports will not work as far as I know.

If you have trouble I will try to help although I have not used Turbo C for a number of years now.

I hope this helps
Regards
Bob.

how to access parallel port using c in windows xp

DrBob13 said:
Saad,
Please see the this thread, there is link in one of my replies that will help you. You need to copy the free dll (inpout32.dll) when your have downloaded it into your system directory and then call it using turbo c. You will be able to access the parallel port provided that it is a hardware parallel port including all its control registers. Virtual parallel ports will not work as far as I know.

If you have trouble I will try to help although I have not used Turbo C for a number of years now.

I hope this helps
Regards
Bob.

how may i call dll in trubo c ??? :D

Saad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back