Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acces to Flip-Flop internal node between master and slave (example : FRAM view).

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre13

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to access to the Flip-Flop internal node between the master and the slave. Indeed, I would like to create an external block and the output of this external block would be connected to this FF internal node, ideally in an automatic way.
Does the geographical position and the potential obstruction of this node is somewhere in a FRAM view or a LEF view or in another view of a Standard Cell Library ?
If not, is it possible to generate a FRAM view or a LEF view or another view through Milkiway (for example) with this information ?

Thanks a lot !!

P.

I would say it depends on the layout of the FF, if the node you want to access is available on M1. If it is, you can just add a pin to the LEF. If not, you need to change the layout to make it accessible.

Thanks for the quick return, jbeniston.
Actually I would like to know the availability information (access + obstruction point) of this internal node, but I don't have the full layout of the FF, juste the FRAM and LEF views.
Do you know where this availability information is located ?

P.

I would imagine you'll need the full layout. FRAM/LEF usually only contain details of externally accessible pins, not internal details.

Yes, but in the LEF (and surely FRAM) there is also some obstruction part, so maybe this part description enables me to have the information ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back