Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accelerometer initialization...

Status
Not open for further replies.

binsad

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mma7455

Hi,
I am using accelerometer mma7455 which supprots spi interface. After configuring the microcontrollers spi and connecting the accelerometer, what should i do to get the output from the accelerometer to Microcontroller???????Pls Help....

mma7455 spi

Hi,
Send commands as two bytes ( wr bit + register address) followed by Data byte over SPI interface. For reading data from a specific register, again send one bytes ( Rd bit + Reg. address) and then read the byte from the addressed register. For reading the byte you can simply send down a dumy byte and read the SPI register after sending, if you are using hardware SPI. You can set the SPI mode as Mode 0 in this case.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

mma7455 problem

Hi, I'm having a problem using the same accelerometer, MMA7455.
I'm a AVR ATmega16 to communicate with the accelerometer. I have already used ATmega16 to communicate with other devices using the SPI and they worked well. But with MMA7455, I just can't make it work.

I read the datasheet first and tried to communicate the devices. I was doing exactly like you said and it doesn't work.

I drive thw CS pin low, then send the address byte (wr bit followed by the 5bit register address and the LSB is a don't care bit). After that I send the 8bit data. Drive CS pin high again.

Anyone can help me??

Thanks.

mma7455 freescale

Hi
I also had problems with the MMA7455L, I communicate with Freescale but I have no positive responses.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.