Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accelerometer ADXL345 interfacing with arduino uno (help with reading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEELT

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Adxl345 has single tap detection function who's threshold can be varied,which I have made 170. So below 170 it should not detect any tap but it is still detecting and I don't understand why it is showing negative values around -453 suddenly.Please help me understand these values

Hi,

Do you really think you gave us enough information to be able to help you?
No schematic, code, testing conditions...

Klaus

Adxl345 has single tap detection function who's threshold can be varied,which I have made 170. So below 170 it should not detect any tap but it is still detecting and I don't understand why it is showing negative values around -453 suddenly.Please help me understand these values

Klaus is completely right in complaining about not enough information.

Anyway, did you read the datasheet? It's clearly stating the threshold value is checked against the magnitude of the tap event.

You understand the meaning of magnitude in this context?

I have made 170. So below 170 it should not detect any tap but it is still detecting

Are you aware that each axis should be considered independently on the external calibration process ? It sounds that you had used a unique parameter 170 to define the baseline for all x,y and z.

Status
Not open for further replies.