Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC voltage measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARWEN007

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, I want something conprendre conserne measuring an AC voltage is 400 V was based 16F877 then I'll post it on an LCD, after a little research on net I found this formula it wa

**broken link removed**

with
N: number of samples
Ui: sample value i.
good I want someone to explain a bit with knowledge in electronics
This formula is used to measure the effective value of a variable voltage or not??
whether the value measured by this formula is not the real value of tension is what I will multiply rapprort division transformer bridge and go to the pure real value?
Please can someone explain to me one!

MARWEN

The effective value is also called the RMS value of waveform.
This is what is needed to heat a linear ( and not reactive ) load.

Note that Ueff -> ( U^2 ) is linearly proportional to Ueff/R -> ( (U/R)^2 ) wich is the formula of power consumption of resistive load.

+++

but how am I going to measure an AC voltage to an RC you have an idea?

Sorry to ask, but what is target application ?

hello, I want something conprendre conserne measuring an AC voltage based on a 16F877 and I'll post it on an LCD, a voltage is 400V MAX

good I want someone to explain a bit with knowledge in electronics
This formula is used to measure the effective value of a variable voltage or not??
whether the value measured by this formula is not the real value of tension is what I will multiply rapprort division transformer bridge and go to the pure real value?
give me the basic points to measure tension via a 16F877 and found an acceptable image
Please can someone explain to me one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back