Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac to dc converter - device to guarantee the same effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philemon

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi good day.
I am using some 6Volt batteries that you can pickup at walmart, to get either 12V dc or 18V dc. I was wondering if there is a way to achieve the same outcome using an AC/DC converter. When I search the net looking for a converter there are just too many to understand what will work similar to 2 or 3 6Volt batteries in series. Any ideas what device I should get to guarantee the same effect.

thanks very much.

Re: ac to dc converter

dude ur Problem is not clear to me
do u need an AC to DC converter which can provide u 12v & 18v ??

what would be the input to the AC/DC converter?? 110v AC ??

hi thanks for the response
thanks very much

u just need a DC variable voltage power supply 0 to 24volt, 1amp for the requirement as shown in the video is enough,

thanks alot.
Are you able to suggest some brands/products I might want to buy. I just did a google search for "dc variable power supply" but not sure which one to take.

Also will I be able to regulate the "current" by varying the "voltage". That is, I will want to turn the "current" up to just the right tolerable level and not just start out with 1Amp right away.

thanks...

the batteries shown in video must have 2Amp+ current,
if u also want to control the current then look for a variable dc voltage power supply with current control knob ,
i don't know which brands r available in ur country, better to visit some local electronic stores near ur place.

Philemon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ok thanks very much for your help...

ac to dc converter

Hi funs,

You must be care please with leakage currents of main...
I think the demonstrator has selected "not randomly" usual batteries and tuk no powersupply!:-(

Main _lekage- current are dangerous for life.
K.

you can try to find the battery on amazon.zom since you are in USA... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back