Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Synchronous Motor Speed Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhu hegde

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All...

Any one Knows about AC Synchronous Motor Speed Control ?

Motor Spec -- 230V ac 50Hz . 60rpm .

Please try to share ..

madhu

I'm not an expert, however a synchronous motor, as the name say, has a speed synchronized with the frequency of the AC signal from which it is supplied.
Then to vary the speed you need a static inverter that allows to change the frequency of its output while the voltage is always the same (230V in your case).

Possibly the power dissipation of the motor will change with the speed, so probably you will have to account for this.

Do a Google search on " VFD" (variable frequency drive for motors)
Frank

i think VFD for asynchronous motor speed control , normally comes with 3 phase 120Ddeg phase shift w,r,t voltage . , but i am looking for Asynchronous motor speed control , may be construction deffer from asynchronous...

madhu

"but i am looking for Asynchronous motor speed control , may be construction deffer from asynchronous...". Asynchronous motors are "universal motors" with brushes, they can be controlled by varying the voltage to them with something like a light dimmer with a triac.
frank

Status
Not open for further replies.