Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC power supply of about 20 to 30 V @30 kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsilva.pt

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need an AC power supply of about 20 to 30 V @30kHz.

Does anyone know where I can find schematics for such power supply?

It would be great if the voltage output could be adjusted as well as the frequency.

Thank you,

rsilva

Hi,

I need an AC power supply of about 20 to 30 V @30kHz.

Does anyone know where I can find schematics for such power supply?

It would be great if the voltage output could be adjusted as well as the frequency.
Hi rsilva
What kind of waveform you need in out put ? sine wave ? or square wave ?
How much power do you need ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi Goldsmith,

Thank you for your reply.

Really, I need both waveforms... for now, It would be great to generate sine waves.

The "next step" woud be to produce square or triangular waves.

Output maximum current will be no more than 600mA.

Best wishes,

rsilva

You can likely find op amps that are capable of generating those waveforms directly, though they will be inefficient and require some good heatsinking. Look at the OPA544 or OPA549. Using a low power op amp with an external power buffer stage (made of discrete transistors) would also work.

Alternatively you can look into class S (aka class D) amplifiers if you need good power efficiency, but it will be far more complicated.

Hi Goldsmith,

Thank you for your reply.

Really, I need both waveforms... for now, It would be great to generate sine waves.

The "next step" woud be to produce square or triangular waves.

Output maximum current will be no more than 600mA.

Best wishes,

rsilva
Well , as Mtwieg has noticed , there are several integrated circuits for handling such a purpose . like : ICL8083 or XR2206 or ... etc . then you can amplify their out put current with a simple current driver .
Best Luck
Goldsmith

This design allows you to vary the output level (using R5) and allows you to switch between square wave or sine output. You can easily design the 30kHz clock source with a 555 timer.

Attachments

• 30k_sq.gif
    30k_sq.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 30k_si.gif
    30k_si.gif
    65.4 KB · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.