Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC motor interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

r@wboom

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,
i want to interfacing the single phase AC motor to Friendly ARM.....but before that i will do it on my 51 or avr kit....
i also want to contorl its speed......
can anybody help me for this????
thank you..

Most heavy industrial motors are controlled by the frequency of ac power. Certain systems rectify the ac in to dc and then run that through a variable frequency static inverter. That is for the standard induction motor.

Reactions: r@wboom

r@wboom

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello everyone,
i want to interfacing the single phase AC motor to Friendly ARM.....but before that i will do it on my 51 or avr kit....
i also want to contorl its speed......
can anybody help me for this????
thank you..

Single phase or Three phase????

driving ac motor and control speed

hello everyone,
i want to control single phase ac motor controlled by pot. or by using Mcu.
can anybody give me circuit diagram or idea....as i goggled but not satisfy

I presume designing a VFD is simply over your head, so we can safely forget the option. Phase angle control is only possible for AC motors with suitable load (strongly speed dependent load torque) like fans or possibly centrifugal pumps. You'll find tons of circuit examples if you search e.g. "triac fan control".

Reactions: r@wboom

r@wboom

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I presume designing a VFD is simply over your head, so we can safely forget the option. Phase angle control is only possible for AC motors with suitable load (strongly speed dependent load torque) like fans or possibly centrifugal pumps. You'll find tons of circuit examples if you search e.g. "triac fan control".

thank you FvM
but i want to know is it harder to make Vfd....do you have some examples so that i can understand the vfd.

Status
Not open for further replies.