Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC fan driven by a DC sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

czech

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i need some help regarding a project that i am doing now. i nid to know how do i go about connecting an 230VAC fan to a dc sensor. the dc sensor will control the power and oscillatory of the fan. is the method from the power supply socket, its connected to the dc sensor, then the output goes to the fan? if i am wrong, i need some guidance. thanks

I dont know what is your sensor!
But you can use DC power supply for driving sensor, and connect
sensor to one relay.
Now N.O. contacts of relay can be used to switch AC fan.

If you introduce your sensor i can guid you better.

hi
the sensor is a normal iR sensor which can be get from the market easily. cant i use an AC to power up my dc sensor circuit by a transformer or sumtin?

try this link
**broken link removed**
for AC fan you can use relay at output

hmmm okae... i do know what a normal relay is. but what's the difference between a solid state relay? can anyone enlighten me??

the solid state relay is not an electromechanical device it is electronic relay may be of thyristor or triac or else. so there is no spark in the electronic relay during contact or release

Status
Not open for further replies.