danmec

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SMPS Reference Designs

Hi,

I am currently working on a project for military refrigeration units and I need to redesign the power supply section. The current power supply is just a 60 Hz step down transformer rectified with buck converters for the 12 and 5 volt outputs. This has been sufficient for a while but we are running out of space and need a smaller design.
I am currently replacing the power supply with a switch mode power supply. I do not have much experience with AC to DC SMPS designs and I am short on time so I am looking for a reference design that I can use.

I would also like there to be a pre-made board available that I can order to evaluate the reference design. I have just received a few reference boards from STMicroelectronics and modules from TDK-Lamda.
The modules from TDK-Lamda look good. They are small and well constructed but they will cost more in production than using a reference design and they don't have the temperature range I need.
The reference boards from STMicroelectronics are kinda big. I could shrink the board down when I make it but it seems to have more components than the TDK-Lambda designs so it will still end up larger.

So ideally I am looking for a reference design with a prebuilt board that I can order quickly that provides 12 and 5 volt outputs at around an Amp each with little board space use.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dan

Re: SMPS Reference Designs

why don't you try www.national.com for smps design? they have a good designing tool SIMPLE SWITCHER.

there is also www.fairchildsemi.com also have a good design tool.

check this topic

Smallest AC/DC converter.. 230V to 12V

Status
Not open for further replies.