Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC current measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetos

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me, i have a current transformer but i do not know the circuit for it so that i could measure AC current.

hmm i just bought an AC clamp meter and took out the current transformer. i did this because i need to have an AC measurement for a microcontroller for my project. Now, i don't know the circuit needed to have an AC current measurement.

A current transformer is basically specified by a primary to secondary current ratio and a maximum output voltage (for a specific maximum error at a specified frequency). It would be meaningful to determine thess parameters for your CT as a first step.

that i don't know, but will try to find out. maybe my maximum output voltage could be 9 volts. i would also like to know the conditioning circuit i need so that i can have a readable voltage for my microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.