Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC capacitive circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddog

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions?

100uF capacitorr in in parallel with 100ohm resistor connected to a 50hz Supply. The voltage across resistor is 10v. What is... a) current through capacitor b) circuit impedance c) current drawn from supply d) circuit phase angle

A 100 μF capacitor is connected in series with a resistor of 100 Ω and connected to a 50 Hz (sinusoidal) alternating voltage supply. The voltage measured across the resistor is 10 V. What is the Voltage of the supply?

Thanks for the help in advance!

You are probably aware as to which formulas apply. Such as the one for capacitive reactance (when AC is applied). Am I right?

I guess you also know the answer is not just a simple matter of running one calculation and saying "that's it". Nevertheless that would be a start. What result do you get when you plug in the values?

Post a video of the 100uF polarized electrolytic capacitor blowing up when you connect it to 50Hz AC.

Ok here's what I've got so far....
A) I = V/R = 10/100 = 0.1A.
B) Z= 1/√(1/R)²+(wC)² = 30.33Ω
C) not sure which formulas I would need to get this?
D) θ = tan-1(-wCR) = 72.34

Status
Not open for further replies.