Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC analysis problem in Spectre after changing the "AC magnitude"

Status
Not open for further replies.

devop

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use spectre to do the AC simulation
when I change the "AC magnitude" of the VSIN in analogLib ,will it bring the change of "AC gain & Phase" result?
there is a big difference in my design ,I don't why

AC analysis problem

what kind source of input signal are u used?
usually i use a vdc seting up ac amplitude as 1. if not, u will divide the input signal and calculate it with 20Log

Re: AC analysis problem

heartwide said:
usually i use a vdc seting up ac amplitude as 1. if not, u will divide the input signal and calculate it with 20Log

VSIN source is used. vac=1.
what's the big difference? I think the phase will not change if you don't change the polarity of it.

heartwide said:
I use VSIN(DC vol= V bias ,AC magnitude=1) for source of input .whem measure
dB20(VF(out)/VF(in))
then I change AC magnitude=2 ,but the value of dB20(VF(out)/VF(in)) changed ,I don't konw why

devop said:
heartwide said:
I use VSIN(DC vol= V bias ,AC magnitude=1) for source of input .whem measure
dB20(VF(out)/VF(in))
then I change AC magnitude=2 ,but the value of dB20(VF(out)/VF(in)) changed ,I don't konw why

AC magnitude = 1 for direct calculation of gain, if you use mag=2, then gain must be divided by two

ac gain&phase simulate should include input and output

AC analysis problem

Hi

I don't understand what is the problem clearly. please explain clearly.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back