Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] AC analysis (frequency response) for switch capacitor circui

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmadagha23

Hi;
I want to measure frequency response and phase margin of a switch capacitor circuit by simulation. I think it is impossible with HSPICE. Do you know any software or method for doing that?
regards

Re: AC analysis (frequency response) for switch capacitor ci

ahmadagha23 said:
I want to measure frequency response and phase margin of a switch capacitor circuit by simulation. I think it is impossible with HSPICE. Do you know any software or method for doing that?
Of course it's possible - with any SPICE simulator. Just keep the SC circuit in Hold mode and run a std AC analysis!

what do you mean in hold mode? how can i do that?
I think it is not possible to do ac analysis because there is not any defined(fixed) operation point for the SC circuit. I listened that spectreRF and swicap are softwares for doing that. but as i understood they have not windows version. is it true?
regards

ahmadagha23 said:
Hi;
regards

Yes, it is possible with each SPICE based simulator (and with some other specific programs like SPECTRE...).
For this purpose you have to transform the time discrete S/C network into a time continuous equivalent. There are two approaches to do this which are decribed elsewhere (books, journal contributions, application notes).
As far as I remember this subject has been discussed already in this forum.
Try to search using appropriate keywords or use "similar topics" at the bottom of this page.

I am not sure about Hspice.but there is pss and pac analysis in spectreRF which can do ac analysis for descete systems

-rampat

Status
Not open for further replies.