Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Abstract Generator Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklikeroomys

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone please help me, I am using Cadence Abstract Generator to create abstract cell views for a standard cell library. I am using SoC Encounter in the Verify Step of Cadence Abstract Generator. I keep getting the following error: Encounter: ERROR (NRDB-158) There is no default via from LAYER MET1 to LAYER MET2 in RULE LEF_DEFAULT. \n I have gone through the Abstract Generator Help file and I have ensured that all the technology file requirements for Abstract Generator are present. As far as I know, Encounter receives all of its required information from Abstract Generator for the Verify Step, so additional technology file information should not be necessary. Secondly, how necessary is it to verify the abstract cell views using a P&R tool? Is it possible to generate a LEF file without running the abstract step?

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

I have gathered that Encounter does not accurately receive technology information from Abstract Generator. However, I have tried something new: I export a LEF file using abstract generator before running the Verify Step. It is possible to manually specify a LEF file for Encounter in the Verify Step, where I then enter the path to the LEF I have just exported. Is it possible to do it this way? The progress indicator of the Verify Step seems to pause at 14%, so I am still waiting to see if it will actually complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back