Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about usb transmission line modeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spus

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, i'm working on usb transceiver right now, and i'm in trouble with modeling of transmission line, can anyone give me some advice of it, and advice to package, plug, and esd model as well, i will really appreciate it, thanks!

Hi spus:

Attached is some company's line modeling.
I hope it is helpful for you.

hi panyi,

thanks for your informative advice! after seeing the picture, i've got another questions:

1. As i know, there are several kinds of model to describe transmission line, such as s-model, w-model, and t-model in the pic1 as as well, then which one would be most apropriate for the usb cable modeling?

2. as depicted in the pic1, it should be 52 tline block to generate 26ns delay, am i right?

3. what's the desription language used in pic2, spice or spectre, or anything else?

panyi said:
Hi spus:

Attached is some company's line modeling.
I hope it is helpful for you.

Hi DL:

1.I'm not sure which one is most apropriate, but as a designer, you need check more transmission line model ,the more the better.
2.yes
3.hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.