Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about TI's CC1000 transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mersault

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm working with TI's CC1000 transceiver (ex Chipcon) and I wonder if someone here has more information about the characteristics of the inner components like LNA gain, LNA noise figure, mixer noise figure, etc.
Other question is if the cascade noise figure detailed in the datasheet (around 12dB for 433 MHz) is right, because, I'm transforming this value to noise temperature and it gives me a very high value (~4500 K).
I've asked in TI's forums but its seems that TI's engineers don't know so much about Chipcon devices.

Thank you !

Kind regards.

Most RF engineers are thinking about receiver noise in terms of sensitivity. It's not surprizing to me that you didn't get satisfying answers at TI forum, because it's essentially focussed on application rather than RF IC design problems.

Transceiver chips are designed to achieve good performance with minimal external frequency selection components. In most applications selectivity and blocking performance is more important than highest sensitivity,

12dB is not high for such link.

I was thinking the same but only if the LNA gain were explicit in the datasheet. In that case, the LNA gain could compensate the noise temperature lowering it, but the datasheet says nothing about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back