Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the relationship between pole/zero and settling time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdhp

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I am designing a Sample hold opamp with cascode compensation. I have known the opamp has a pole and a zero very near. So in order to decrease the influence on settling time of doublet, i push this doublet far away from the loop BW(about 3*BW), And other high fre poles and zeroes are all largger than 3BW.

I thought if the doublet is out of the BW, it will not influence the settling time. But i found although the doulet is set as the above, they also have influence on the settling time and the settling damping.

Anyone has some suggestions about this problemns?

Thanks

You can't be help until you paste your schematic

Re: About the relationship between pole/zero and settling ti

I don´t understand the following part of your posting:

i push this doublet far away from the loop BW(about 3*BW), And other high fre poles and zeroes are all largger than 3BW.

Do you mean "open loop BW" or transit frequency or something else ?

Hi LvW
the loop BW is as (BW_OPEN*Feedback), it is that all other high frequency pole/zero are all high than 3BW

Added after 17 minutes:

leo_o2
The schematic is full-diff two-stage opamp,with first stage is foldedcascode, the second is common souce stage.
Thanks

Re: About the relationship between pole/zero and settling ti

gdhp said:
Hi LvW
the loop BW is as (BW_OPEN*Feedback), it is that all other high frequency pole/zero are all high than 3BW
Thanks

OK, so I understand that your doublet is beyond the "classical" BW of the open loop but still within the closed loop BW - and that´s the reason for the influence on settling behaviour.It must be outside the closed loop BW if its influence should be negligible.
Is my assumption concerning closed loop correct ?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back