Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the graphic lcd, please help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy40185

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm a keilc51 programmer and my lcd module is SGL-VCM12864B. I find that datasheet in internet but it only included 2 pages.

Its pin description is: 1. vss - signal gnd
2. vdd - power supply for logic
3. VO - power supply for lcd
4. D/I - signal to select registers
5. R/W - read or write
6. E - enable
7-14. DB0-DB7
15. CS1 - IC1
16. CS2 - IC2
17. reset (active low)
18. vout
19. NC
20. NC

1. Do every lcd have their character library (e.g. A = 41H)?
2. Do CS1 control a half pane while CS2 control another pane?
3. Do this type graphic lcd have the same controlling method?

You really need to know what chips are on there. If you cannot find out then a display with similar pinouts may have the same chips. This one, while the pins are not in the same order, seems similar so may help.

Keith.

Attachments

• 1485469.pdf
    534.2 KB · Views: 107

I'm a keilc51 programmer and my lcd module is SGL-VCM12864B. I find that datasheet in internet but it only included 2 pages.

Its pin description is: 1. vss - signal gnd
2. vdd - power supply for logic
3. VO - power supply for lcd
4. D/I - signal to select registers
5. R/W - read or write
6. E - enable
7-14. DB0-DB7
15. CS1 - IC1
16. CS2 - IC2
17. reset (active low)
18. vout
19. NC
20. NC

As Keith mentioned, to be absolutely sure you need to know the display driver chipset, however I believe the VCM12864B may use a KS0107/KS0108 compatible chipset.

However, TAKE NOTE, the pinouts of some of the KS0108 Compatible Displays may differ greatly from the pinouts you have posted above, most importantly the Vss and Vdd are reversed.

The following are a few example projects using a KS0108 Compatible Chipset:

Universal C library for KS0108 based LCD displays

Interfacing KS0108 based 128×64 Graphical LCD with AVR MCU.

1. Do every lcd have their character library (e.g. A = 41H)?

The short answer to all the above questions in NO, the keyword is "every."

2. Do CS1 control a half pane while CS2 control another pane?

The CS1 and CS2 are most likely the chip select lines for the segment drivers, two drivers are required for 128 segments.

Of course, this all depends on what the actual chipset is in the display.

3. Do this type graphic lcd have the same controlling method?

The same controlling method as what exactly?

BigDog

Attachments

• ks0108b.pdf
    157.1 KB · Views: 88
  • GDM12864H.pdf
    83.9 KB · Views: 97
The datasheet I posted was based on the NT7107/7108 from Neotec which sounds like it might be a compatible version of the KS0107/0108 from Samsung. You will be able to find the data sheets for either of those on the internet. The datasheet I posted shows how the pixels are mapped between the two ICs.

Keith.

I believe your are correct Keith. One important point of commonality is they all support the 1/64 duty cycle.

I usually classify this category of display driver chipsets as KS0108 compatible, which makes it easier for individuals to search for example projects which fit their requirements.

BigDog

thanks all for helping, I have read all what you give and it is useful.
I also want to know how to program if my lcd module does not have the library.
Do I need to create each character?? It's so horrible.

When I add the (font5x8.h) header file, error message C249 will come. I check some info about it, it cause because the memory overflow.
Then, I try to display a space(0x00) on glcd but fail (always black blackground)
My steps as following: set x-page-->set y-address-->Writedata function(send 0x00) but no white dot on glcd.
Could anyone indicate me where the failure? I have already no idea, please help.

BIgdog, keith, thanks. Sorry for long time no response to you all. The memory will overflow cuz the bitmap(font5x8) structure is wrong.
It uses const char type before and I change it to char code type now. I guess that it is internal ram overflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.