Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the difference in simulated and measured antenna radiation patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

asw1n

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed two slotted waveguide antenna to realize pencil and difference beams.
The simulated and measured radiation patterns are matched well within +/-90 degee,
but outside the range, they have a big difference. Please see the attachment.
Is it reasonable? Can anyone help me to explain this?
really appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Yes. It means you can believe the measured data, and that the predicted data is wrong.

What I can see in your diagrams is a poor side and rear transmission while the main lobe looks good.
I would suggest to put a metal-sheet screen on the back of your waveguide with slots and test the setup again. The screen will suppress the problematic side and rear lobes.
Waveguide slot antennas are rarely used bare; often they are used as primary radiators in parabolic reflectors which then suppress the side and rear radiation.

Reactions: asw1n

asw1n

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back