Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About synopsys Design compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockie

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can anybody tell me the relation between link_library and target_library in Design compiler setup.

link_library is the library where components already present in the design can be found. target_library is the library with the components that will be used to synthesize a design. In brief, consider the link_library as the input library and the target_library as the output library. The may or they may not be the same (for example when you want to change the implementation technology).

At least, this is what I think :?

geconom said:
link_library is the library where components already present in the design can be found. target_library is the library with the components that will be used to synthesize a design. In brief, consider the link_library as the input library and the target_library as the output library. The may or they may not be the same (for example when you want to change the implementation technology).

At least, this is what I think :?

It seems that you hit it. Thankyou very much.
For ever i consider the link_library same as the target_library.

just

To explain in a simple way, target library contains the components that you want to "infer", while link library contains the components that you want to "instantiate".

Target library is the ASIC vendor library whose cells are used to generate a netlist for the design described in HDL during synthesis. The HDL code is mapped to cells from this library.
Link library is uesd when the design is already in the form of a netlist or when the source HDL code has cells instantiated from the technology library. Link library indicates to DC, the library in which the descriptions of these cells are available.

Got these explain from "logic synthesis using synopsys",wish it's clear enough

Rgds,
bopeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back