Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about rail to rail constant gm op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

xz781122

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing some research about rail to rail constant gm op-amp.But i don't know what is the "constant gm" meaning.Is "constant gm" input stage'gm constant or the whole amp's gm constant?i have read some books.They offer a equation such as sqrt(Ia)+sqrt(Ib)=const.But I don't know why?who can do me a favour.

it means when the common mode voltage change, the gm is constant.
For the mosfet,gm=KI**0.5, if keep Kn=Kp, then sqrt(Ia)+sqrt(Ib)=const

This question arise from rail to rail input, commonly implemented using two diferential pairs. If ur bias point not choosen properly, there exists a situition that two pairs both operate, results a doubled gm.

search IEEE JSSC for rail to rail input opamp for suggestions.

Many books existed for rail-to-rail opamp design such as "Low voltage CMOS Operational Amplifiers----Theory , Design and Implementation" ----by Satoshi Sakurai and M.Ismail

Be carefull with constant Gm Rail to Rail inputs cause input referred offset voltage and input referred errr in general will change dependant on common mode voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.