Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about pulse transformer designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinothtnt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nlt_pq_4_24

hi ,
i am using 12v,150 to 200mA and 2MHz piezoe electric ultrasound transducer.i Want excite this transducer so i need the pulse transformer.

I dont konw how to design tat transformer.so pls tell me how to design the particular transformer.And also tell me wat is pulse transformer and how it works.
Is any link send it.

Iam using the pic 16F877A for genarating the frequency.

design of pulse transformers

I love this series threads. The question can't be answered without knowing the transducers impedance respectively it's equivalent circuit. Also the existing power supply should be known. Furthermore the circuit has to been designed according to the application bandwith respectively time resolution requirements.

The general answer is, that lots of literature regarding transformers exist at EDAboard. First difficulty is to find out, which is particularly helpful with pulse transformers. To my opinion, if you really want to design a pulse transformer (with a real ferrite core and windings), then Snelling, Soft Ferrites is still the best literature. If you are "designing" it virtually with an analog simulator, then coupled linear or non-linear inductor model is all you need, e. g. NLT_PQ_4_24. Also, PSpice reference has enough theory to understand a pulse transformer, MultiSim component reference is probably too short.

basics of designing of a pulse transformer

how can i get this NLT_PQ_4_24.

In market i cant able to get it.Actually wat type transformer it is.

transformer designing

I already answered the question in another thread. It's a MultiSim model, not a real component. The abbreviation most likely means non linear transformer. I guess, PQ could be related to PQ ferrite core series, but not necessary. But you didn't tell how the component name is related to your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.