about prime-time output accuracy (significant digits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaileh.b

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about primetime output accuracy(significant digits)

hi dear all
i have a problem with primetime_PX .out file reports.this fil is containing power in watt and i want to have them in nano or micro watt.what should i do?
tnx to all

Re: about primetime output accuracy(significant digits)

Hi,

what should i do?
You urgently need to learn how to do this simple calculations on your own. It´s really basic stuff for any electronics.

Another way to find solutions is to use an internet search engine: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=online+calculator+nano+micro

Klaus

dear KlausST
thank you, but i just mean something like following image, actually the total power is sum of three component, net switching power, cell internal power and cell leakage power, each of them has 10, 9 and 6 significant digits, but the final result (total power) has 6 significant digits.while i want to have total power with about 9 significant digits.
do you have any suggestion for me?
thank you

Hi,

How accurate is a power estimation?
Expected error: +/-20%? Or +/-10%?

I doubt the error is better than 10%.

But you care about 0.178%. Those 0.178% are meaningless and thus the result doesn't show nanowatts.

Your speed meter in your car is more precise, but it doesn't show 6 digits like : 67.4567km/h.
It simply makes no sense.... especially if one knows that the true vale might be soemwhere inbetween 63 and 71 km/h.

Klaus

dear Klaus
I think I could not quite say my question. My goal is this : do you know any command or way to set the output precision or number of significant bits in time base power analyse?

dear Klaus
I think I could not quite say my question. My goal is this : do you know any command or way to set the output precision or number of significant bits in time base power analyse?

have you checked the documentation? if nothing is said, I believe this is automatically rounded up to a number of digits that makes sense for a human reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…