Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About planar Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardolphinaries

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I've got a question about the layout of planar inductor.

What does the real cross sessional view look like? I draw a draft of the view.

1. Is the k=8.1 thin layers (blue) still made for metal 5 and 6, where inductor is layout?

2. How about the layer of metal 1,2,3,4? There are no metals in these layer, so the similiar thin high k layers (blue,dashed) on top and bottom of metals still presents or not?

4. Is the poly (patterned ground shield) made on the substrate directly? or there needs a oxide such as filed oxide layer (green).

3. is the K=7 layers (red) always around poly tracks? If so, then how to model them in ADS?

4. Is the poly (patterned ground shield) made on the substrate directly? or there needs a oxide such as filed oxide layer (green).

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.
But I just don't know if the nitride layer with K=8.1 (blue) is still fabricated even if I don't use metal 1,2,3,4 for inductor design?

similar confusion about the nitride layer around polysilicon.

Or, these high K layers can be ignored because they are too thin (<100nm)?

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back