Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about offset voltage of op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

urian

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,there
when we model the input offset voltage of op-amp with single-end input on inverting input,we always model it as a voltage source driving the noninverting input.
my question is that why we dont model it as a vltage source driving the inverting input?

Best regards
urian

urian said:
hi,there
when we model the input offset voltage of op-amp with single-end input on inverting input,we always model it as a voltage source driving the noninverting input.
my question is that why we dont model it as a vltage source driving the inverting input?
Best regards
urian

Of course, you can do it. The result will be exactly the same. Start a calculation and compare the results.

urian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@LvW
Exactly... the result would be same

@urian
The input offset voltage that you would insert in your circuit would be at inverting node of opamp.
So your equation will be (0-VIO)/R1 = (VIO-VOUT)/R2
this has the same effect as having a VIO( input offset voltage at non inverting terminal)->concept of virtual ground...

urian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thx,guys
i thought they may be different before.now you clarify it.
Yes,it may be the habit of famous authors to put the input offset voltage at the noninverting node.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back