Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about my final year engineering project

Status
Not open for further replies.

subramanian ramasamy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone.i am doing a project on embedded based car theft control system.
There are two mobiles one is a user mobile and other is an interfacing mobile in the car .when a ring is given to the interfacing mobile an input is given to the microcontroller which switches on a ir transceiver ckt after we get down from car.
when there is an unauthorised entry there occurs an interruption in ir signal which causes ir receiver signal to flow to microcontroller causing it to close the fuel supply and at the same time a message is given to the user about status of the vehicle.could any of you help me in knowing about how to connect a ringer circuit of a mobile to a micocontroller and an ir transceiver circuit to a microcontroller.

What happens if someone else calls your car's cell phone? I get wrong numbers all the time! A better approach would be to either send an SMS text message or send DTMF codes using the sender's keypad.

okay lets get realistic..

so what happens if there is no network coverage ??

The system can be activated manually using a switch by the driver just as she is leaving the car. But how will the driver be alerted if the car is being stolen (there is no network coverage) ?

just a thought...one cannot assume a thief will always drive a car, the car may also be towed, so what happens now ??

As a car owner myself I would ask these questions before buying a theft protection system.

thanks
a

reading in what you want to do I would say this is to advanced for you to complete, It would have been better if you said it like this,
This is what I've got or this is how far I have got but now I'm stuck,

just a thought...one cannot assume a thief will always drive a car, the car may also be towed, so what happens now ??

This could happen for any car no matter how much the alarm system cost or how good it is, You could even had a wheel clamp to it, The thief then could use a crane to lift it then take it away.
This list could go on for ages about what if's
These days the thiefs break into your home and steel the keys has that is how good the security has become, That's my two pennies worth on the subject

the what if's are important in the real world as thieves tend to think much ahead, after all its their job.

The system must do the following
- The normal monitoring operation as suggested by subramanian.
- In addition to this the system must be able to detect any suspicious motion in the car, when the engine has been switched OFF and the system activated. Detection of motion must trigger the horn or a seperate warning alarm, loud enough to attract passerbys.

It has been known that thieves generally avoid cars that attract attention to themselves.

Off course there could be other scenarios and as suggested by wizpic the list what if's could be a long one.

thanks
a

using pressure valve control we could apply brake so car could not be towed on

Added after 4 minutes:

hi gsmman the number is known only to the user so can it be used

subramanian ramasamy said:
Towing a car in India doesnt require the wheels to rotate :D. I have seen pulling a car with its handbrakes applied. The rear bumper was scratched all the way on the road and the owner was running behind the towing vehicle.
Ok..anyways...istead thinking about the towing side, we could think how to send messages to and from the two mobiles in a secured way. I think sending a coded SMS will work fine....Cheers

It's common to tow a car without requiring the wheels to rotate. Most tow truck operators have a "carriage" that they place under one set of wheels, and then tow the vehicle from the other end.

hi gsmman the number is known only to the user so can it be used
What about "misdialed numbers". Also, there are devices used by solicitors called "block dialers". These dial every number in an exchange and then play a pre-recorded message. Their use has dropped significantly in ther US since the national "Do Not Call" list has been instituted, but may be prevalent in other countries.

We manage several thousand GMS-based devices for our customers and we experience several "wrong numbers" every week. If your device doesn't account for this you're setting yourself up for a major problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back