Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Current Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunren

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm going to design a precise current reference which is power supply, temperature and process independent( without external resistor). Any idea or papers are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Lunren

lunren said:
I'm going to design a precise current reference which is power supply, temperature and process independent( without external resistor). Any idea or papers are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Lunren

U can refer to chapter 2 of how to design current references in the book
"Voltage References - from diodes to precisionHigh order Bandgap circuits" by Rincon Mora

But where can I find the book? Any links?

Maybe the circuit need bandgap reference

you can use behzad Razavi book as a cmos analog integrated circuit chapter-11. Band gap ckt( I think it is on page 392) given in chapter works properly. you can follow the same.

band gap is a good choice for you

Hi
i am new to this Analog , i have doubt regarding current references, i have observed that all current references gives o/p current either in uA or nA ? may i know what is the reason?

if a ckt needs more current will this be magnified by some other means?

especially the Fig(10) of haft_ref.pdf the current is something in <50nA

thanx & Regards
Kumar123

As i know, if you do not use the external resistance, the task is impossible to get so high accuracy current reference.

You should be careful when using haft_ref.pdf as it contains errors
the references of that document are interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.