Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About curernt mirror, urgent, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiexi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a current mirror which I1 copys I0, the voltage V0 across I0 must as low as possible such as one Vds voltage, but using the traditional current mirror V0 at least needs one Vgs voltage. The voltage V1 across I1 is not a big deal. How can I realize the mirror? Thanks a lot.

For help see either Grey and Meyer book on analog integrated... or David Johns'. There are some important discussions there about a large output swing at current mirrors. you'll see.

refer Jacob baker books on CMOS Circuit design. Chapters on reference circuit and current mirror is excellent.

Take a look at US patent #4532481
It's a bipolar circuit but it does what you need.

Apparently, the motivation of the said US4532481 circuit is completely different:
achieving a low input-output difference voltage.
97_1218643729.gif

I don't think, that any standard current mirror circuit has an input voltage below Vbe respectively Vgs, as requested. Can't say, that it's absolutely impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back