Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about Create symbol in WG2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to create a symbol which has some pin with the same name. But I can't do it in Library manager for dc. how can I do it.

Hi
Each Pin should have a different name.
for example:
u have 5 vcc pins
name it as
vcc_1
vcc_2
vcc_3
vcc_4
vcc_5
if u name it in sequence . it will be useful for cross checking the pin count also.

sonicss

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank u. I think it's very terrible. :cry:

Another way is ommiting the VCC and GND pins in the symbol and add them in Library Manager -> Parts Database -> (select your device) Pin Mapping -> Supply and NC. Then you attribute the name and pin number for your pin.
In the schematic you got to the properties of the symbol and add a supply rename like this VCC=3V.

sonicss

There is a way to make several pins have ie. name "GND". Name the pins "GND_1, GND_2 etc. Then modify the text properties to "Hidden" and then add manual text "GND" to the pins. That way, you can name them anything you want. But IMHO it may make a netlist review more difficult. Assigning other names like xvibe suggests is also possible, but this will also make netlist review difficult. Mixing supply voltages in a complex design is easier when all pins have "real" names and supply voltages can be clearly seen in the schematics. Quite a few supportnet tickets I have seen deals with netlist problems that comes from net assignments that does not match when doing CDB.

sonicss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back