Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About corner simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudockb

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am now having my first tapeout and I would like to know what are the typical sets of corner simulations that designers run in the industry? From what I know, there are typical,fast and slow PMOS and NMOS models; high, typical and low R and C; and high, typical and low temp and Vdd. If we were to run all the possible combinations, that would mean 729 of combinations. So do we actually need to satisfy all the possible combinations to check the robustness of the circuit? I heard from some of the experienced designers that the worst case condition (SS, high temp and low vdd), the typical condition and the best condition(FF, low temp and high vdd) are sufficient enough to test the robustness of the circuits. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

You may want to check out this post which is quite similar to your question asked:

the three corners that u mentioned are applicable only if the design is very symmetrical in terms of pmos and nmos transistors.

If the design the skewd, then thsf and fs corners will also contribute to the o/p.

when someone design an analog circuit, he must simulation in worest case, in order to ensure the design is ok after tapeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.