Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About connection of zigbee module

Status
Not open for further replies.

SINDHURI

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Evening Sir,

I want know is there any Zigbee Transceiver Module which can be directly connected to the ARM7 Microcontroller by using the Pins p0.0 and p0.1, also i want to know that SIM300 triband GSM/GPRS modem can be able to connect directly to a ARM7 Microcontroller using RS232 Port in that module by using the pins p0.8 and p0.9 without having MAX232 IC. If it is possible please guide to implement this process. If not please tell me the alternative ways for these connections.

Please reply me as early as possible.

Thanks in Advance.

If Zigbee module provides TTL pins and your ARM7 pins that you mentioned p0.0 and p0.1 can be used for serial communication or soft_UART then it can be used. Zigbee module and ARM7 voltage should be same like both should be 5V or 3.3V else you need 5V to 3.3V Converter. Didital devices usually have pins which are TTL, and you should never connect DB9 connector pins (RS232) directly to TTL pins. MAX232 is used to convert RS232 voltage to TTL voltages.

Good Afternoon,

Jayanth Sir Thank u for ur kind information.

As you told me that if the zigbee module has TTL pins then it can be directly connected to the ARM7 Microcontroller with same voltage. I want to use this module that i have attached, please tell me is it able to connect directly to the ARM7 LPC2148 microcontroller.

Thank in Advance.

Attachments

• cc2500Module.JPG
    cc2500Module.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 109

Good Evening Sir,
As I am searching on internet for the zigbee modules i have searched this module in the following link, in this link there are so many module but i want to know about the 18th module with name CC2500 Module With Rs232 Output.
Please let me know is this module has TTL Pins to directly connect to the ARM7 LPC2148 Microcontroller.

**broken link removed**

Thanks in Advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Good Evening Jayanth Sir,

As I am searching on internet for the zigbee modules i have searched this module in the following link, in this link there are so many module but i want to know about the 18th module with name CC2500 Module With Rs232 Output.
Please let me know is this module has TTL Pins to directly connect to the ARM7 LPC2148 Microcontroller.

http://www.indiamart.com/nimesh-electronics/rf-modules.html

Thanks in Advance.

cc2500Module.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Good Evening Jayanth Sir,

I didn't have any idea regarding to this. Please help me to work out my project.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• cc2500Module.JPG
    cc2500Module.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 109

There is no datasheet for the product and so it is difficult to answer. I contacted nimesh electronics and asked for datasheet but they send CC2500 datasheet. Without datasheet about the module it cannot be said whether the module has TTL pins or not. The name of the product tells that it has RS232 interfeace and you cannot connect RS232 pins directly to MCU. You will need MAX232 or MAX233. I don't even see a DB9 connector on the board. If you have purchased the product then can you post the high resolution image of the module (both sides). Is there any mention of RS232 or TTL on the board.

Link for your Zigbee module. **broken link removed**

See document and other files in the link.

**broken link removed**

A better module **broken link removed**

In the first module Rx and Tx pins are RS232 pins. See the enlarged image of 2nd module. It clearly shows RS and TTL pins.

2nd module.

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• CC2500.jpg
    CC2500.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 126
  • CC2500_2.jpg
    CC2500_2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.