Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Cell_based Design flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackwang

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one problem.

When I use cell_based design flow, I have some macro.

When I pre-simulation RTL-code , I can use behavior model for macro.

But I want to post-sim for SDF back-annotation, how can I treat it?

You have get the spice file for the cell model. And then put it together with the cell netlist with loading.

HI,
when I do gatelevel sim, I still use macro behavioral code .I think the code of macro have time information ,and can be used in gate sim.
my macro are RAM, ROM, PLL.

SPEF files

Spice backannotation may be too slow. The popular flow is to extract parasitics after IP merging to obtain a SPEF file. And then by using an advanced timing delay calculator, a SDF file can be generated for your post-layout simulation.

Complement for linuxluo's gatelevel simulation.

hi :
i think you can change some macro to behavior model in your nelist.

masters_yam

>Spice backannotation may be too slow. The popular flow is to extract >parasitics after IP merging to obtain a SPEF file. And then by using an >advanced timing delay calculator, a SDF file can be generated for your >post-layout simulation.

>Complement for linuxluo's gatelevel simulation.

But I think this is very strange.

I write behavior code for my macro.

I want to SDF to backannotation to behavior code??

or I only have timing Arc for macro's pin .

A sram macro is nothing but a behavior with specify block for timing annotation . If you can characherize your macro cell , simply backannotate the timing into your own specify block . The corner case have much wide timing span ( as high as twice ) . Dont expect too much the precision in your simulation .

Hi, zackwang
the behavior code I mention is provided by foundry,not your design. And in it ,including detail timing information. So don't use sdf backannotation for this code.

zackwang said:
I have one problem.

When I use cell_based design flow, I have some macro.

When I pre-simulation RTL-code , I can use behavior model for macro.

But I want to post-sim for SDF back-annotation, how can I treat it?

Hello

If you do not have any detail model for your macro, go on with your behaviour model.

Hi, zackwang:

Treat your macro as a big NAND gate to run the rtl or the gate level simulations. If your IP provider is good enough, it should not have any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back