Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Avanti cosmos-scope install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww21

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cosmosscope linux

When i startup the cosmos-scope and open FILE>Open>Plotfiles,the Files of type only have (Pre 5.0 Plotfiles(*.pl.*,*.pl),Plotfiles(*.*.ai_pl),All(*.*)).
Please tell me why?

cosmosscope

Cosmos-Scope is the new name of SaberScope, a viwer came with Saber Designer. .pl and ai_pl are default format of Saber Designer waveform output. After Analogy was bought by Avant! This viwer is bundled with Hspice and Star_SimXT product, and it can also view .tr0 format and Star_SimXT output format too.

cosmos scope linux install

But when i installed the Cosmos-Scope ,not have .tr0 ..format in the menus.why? i check the license.log ,the COSMOS_SCOPE was checkec.

cosmosscope cannot open .tr0 file

Does cosmos-scope have linux version?

cosmosscope in linux

ww21,

I had seen the same question before.
Somebody said if you want to view .tr0 waveform, some license features are needed to invoke this capability.

Hope someone can post this special feature to help everybody : )

Hope it helps.

I can't start cscope under LINUX. Do I need et set up any environments?

You have to set "AILM_LICENSE_FILE" to your license file and add "<Cosmos Scope Dir>/ai_bin" to your path. Furthermore, only "cosmos_scope" feature is enough for me to view every format of Hspice output. No more feature is needed.

Sigh!

This stuff is not working under RH9. :cry:

It is working with Manderake9.2

It is quite strange when I installed Cosmos Scope in two PC, they have the same OS (XP), same environment setting, but one can work while other can not, the error message said it can not find the license file.

tlihu said:
I can't start cscope under LINUX. Do I need et set up any environments?
Is easy. You must put in your cshrc or other setup file next things:
setenv CS_HOME YOUR_PATH_TO_COSMOS_INSTALL_DIR
setenv CS_BIN $CS_HOME/ai_bin
setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE YOUR_PATH_TO_LICENSE_FILE_IF_YOU_HAVE_ONE :)

after all these, you must to source the file where you write (the setup file):
source yoursetupfile
Run cscope

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back