Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AB and siemens PLCs compare

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I worked with siemens plc but not with ABs,Can someone compare them,which is better is instructions,hardware,networking,HMI?

Hello 7rots51,
I have worked a lot with AB PLC's (MicroLogix, SLC500, PLC5 and ControlLogix) and just a few times with S7200 and S7300. I think there is no great diference in instruction sets, being the AB easier to master. The real diference is in the programing software. I think that the AB software is much better in terms of simplicity of use, monitoring and diagnostics.
Hope this helps
Best regards.

I think RSLogix from Allen-Bradley is the better PLC programming software. Very easy to use for both online and offline programming.

yes ab software is easier one

ya AB is easier RSlogix is much user friendly

AB is easier and user friendly. Very powerful as well especially the CLX series

What is so HOT with Allen bradly ?
Everybody keep saying that.
I'm asking cause I didn't see Allen bradly Software.

allen bradly software & configration tools are more far simple than siemens instead of that siemens software features is much more than ab so you can learn ab easily but to master siemens u will need to spend some time

I started with S7 Siemense and after 6 month I designed a 5 node profibus network with 6*64 I/O for a automatic refrig. production line.
So, Start with something that has configuration and base. I recomend you to work with siemense s300 or s400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back