Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A weird situation for me. I do not know is it a problem or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darktangent

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to run a simulation of PIC in proteus. Now the problem is that if i do not connect a power source to Pic's MCLR pin the proteus gives an error that the PIC is in reset.

But when i run some online tutorials of the same project there is no Power connected with the MCLR pin yet the projects runs fine.

For example
Code:
http://www.picmicros.org.uk/Interfacing/AppFilePages/Applications/CHAP04/LCD/LCD.DSN

You will see that there is no power source to the PIC.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

I loaded a Hex file of some another PIC16f877 project to your dsn file it is running fine no errors...
can you give snapshot of the error..?

which PIC are you using? and what is the version of your proteus?

I think this happened in older versions of proteus, at least for AVR that I have tried.
New versions need a power supply for the chip and the ADC too.

Alex

try making same circuit on a new project file......am sure some times proteus has some bugs.....make a new project copy past all the stuff then run......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back