Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a very essential question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,
I was thinking about the formula F=ma and I don't understand it please help me please!

Newton's law states that the rate of change of momentum of a body is equivalent to the net force applied to it. We know that momentum = m*v, so the force will be F= d(m*v)/dt. For most cases, the mass is costant, leading to the famous F=ma.

anamakachamanene said:
I still don't understand :(

easiyl : if you want to accelerate and object than you have to apply force to it.

So it s proportional with its mass. it means F=ma

Also accelaration(a) causes speeding up(higher velocity ) v=at (if initial velocity =0) that means depending on time and accelaration your velocity ll be up or down(including negative accelaration)

exp: if you want to make a car go faster than you have to speed up(giving force)
after accelaration ends(a=0) that means you r giving no force(F) depending on mass you have to give more force (F=ma)

so cool:D

anamakachamanene said:
I'm confused. what is momentum here then? is F power? please help.

other definition of force((instant momentum) as described earlier F= d(m*v)/dt)

Assume a hammer moving 1m/sec and 1000 grams when it hits an object it exert a force to object. that means ,t exerts m*v(force to object) and object starts to move (F=ma) if object is 1000 grams than it ll have accelaration of 1 m/sec². Off course time of applied force causes the final velocity. (V=at). we say that momentum is intantious (MassHammer*VelocityHammer=MassObject*VelocityObject) here you can use momentum when you dont know exact force applied.(using velocity and mass)

But as i understood you dont need momentum. So forget about it and think about what i wrote before..
:D

Ok. try another way:

acceleration =d(V)/d(t) (means that changes on velocity over time )
F=ma-----> m*d(v)/d(t) (mass * accelaration) from here we say that

F=m*V/d(t) (bold section = momentum. Also d(v)/d(t)=a ) so in other word Force means instant momentum

Theese are just definitions;

So lets go back to F=ma just you asked;

From the formula F=ma if there is any a(a<>0) then F<>0 ok.
that means if F<> 0 and mass isnt changing then a<> 0.. if a<> 0 then from d(V)/d(t) <>0.. it means V is changing by time. and finaly if there is a force that means (F<>0) there should be accelaration(a<> 0) and accelaration means changin velocity.

anamakachamanene said:
what is d(V)/d(t)? what do you mean by a<>0? what is <>?

d(V)/d(t) derivative of velocity over time (Slope of velocity over time)
<> smaller or greater

voltage?!! what is voltage?! is it something like momentum? you didn't say anything about voltage in other posts :(

anamakachamanene said:
voltage?!! what is voltage?! is it something like momentum? you didn't say anything about voltage in other posts :(

Sorry i changed. it should be Velocity.

What is difference between velocity and acceleration and momentum? :( and what was voltage? :(

anamakachamanene said:
What is difference between velocity and acceleration and momentum? :( and what was voltage? :(

simply : at start you have 0 m/sec velocity. after time passes(1 sec) if you have a velocity of 10 m/sec than the acceleration of you is 10/1=10

that s all

what is m/sec?!!! oh my god! there's lot to learn! voltage, velocity, acceleration, momentum, even m/sec?!!!!

Forget abou tvoltage . it was mistake.

m/sec----> meter / second------> its a unit of velocity. and this topic should end here. Come back again when you have enough knowledge

Dear zirtapoz,

I am a telecommunications engineer! It was just a survey to see how tolerant some people can be, and boy! you are tolerant!!! you could be good teacher. :D so tell me now, what is voltage?!!!!!! :))))

anamakachamanene said:
Dear zirtapoz,

I am a telecommunications engineer! It was just a survey to see how tolerant some people can be, and boy! you are tolerant!!! you could be good teacher. :D so tell me now, what is voltage?!!!!!! :))))

i was answering another forum, and yours. and both have been mixed velocity became voltage voltage became velocity... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back