Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A/V tranmisittor and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

param_6

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tda8722

Hi, i'm designing a audio/video transmitter and receiver.

Can i use TDA8722 modulator chip from philips to transmit the signals?

Is it a digital sytem or analogue?

If can use, can i directly use an anttenna to the circuit or will i need amother chip or circuit for the tranmission?

Which chip can i use for the demodulation?

Do you want to build a simple TV transmitter and TV receiver or you have in mind a audio/video link.
For chip you are asking about the datasheet exists.

TDA8722 is an analog video/audio modulator (using AM for video and FM for audio).
The output UHF signal can be received with any standard TV set.

Another option for transmitting video signal is to use FM modulation for video signal. This is used by the old analog satellite transmissions DBS, or by FM ATV (Amateur TV).

param_6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: A/V tranmitter and receiver

The TDA8722 (also look for the TDA8822), has an output level about 70 dBuV (in a 75 ohm system, it is approx. -37 dBm). This is not too much if you want to transmit it over an antenna. The chip is suitable for (analog) AM modulation for the video carrier, and FM modulation for the audio subcarrier. The classical TV demodulators need an input level about 80-100 dBuV, so you have to amplify the output signal of the IC (taking in account the loss between the antennas)

rgds,
Al

param_6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for all the replies. My system here is a transmitter and a receiver. Now i got the idea on the transmitter.

My receiver is not a standard tv cahnnel, but a specific frequency. So which chip can i use for the dmodulation? The tranmission and reception range within a few tens of meters.

Thanks.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

What is I2C bus? Do i need to programme this chips? Something like source code?

Thanks for all your replies. IS there any other option other than using TDA8722(modulator) and TDA9817(demodulator) for my project. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back